604-224-5277 Toll Free: 1-855-760-6886
Presenting our clients' properties with greater detail and content than available on the MLS®.
Choose from tens of thousands of Lower Mainland homes with our unique MLS® search tool.
Get started with one of the predefined searches below:
Explore Luxury Real Estate Properties Worldwide. Our network includes over 140 Affiliated brokerages in more than 45 countries.
Photos, maps, videos, market statistics and more!Everything you need to know about these fantastic Vancouver area neighbourhoods.
Email your list of favourites and saved searches to your mobile device or share with friends!
As a REALTOR®, I spend hours every day looking at listings online, as well as doing tours, showings and Open Houses. Over time, I’ve learned that how you present your home to the public has a strong correlation with the selling price you can expect to achieve.
An extreme example: I once held an Open House for a colleague, meeting him beforehand to familiarize myself with the home. As we walked in, he muttered, “leave your shoes on” — an understatement. The carpets had probably never been cleaned, spattered with dried liquids and a distinct pathway of dirt. Equally disconcerting was the garbage, posters of lingerie-clad women, and a “full” bedpan container on the nightstand. Needless to say, the suite didn’t show well, and sold below market value.
While the above suite’s deficiencies were obvious, maybe others aren’t. Here are some more relevant tips for getting your home ready for sale:
1. DECLUTTER. Remove knickknacks, and personal photographs from your tables and shelves, leaving only a select few accessories. Pare down the amount of clothing in your closets, and remove whatever you aren’t using day-to-day. Think spacious and minimalist. If you live in a condo and have a storage locker, use that instead of your in-suite flex space. If your storage is only in-suite, consider using matching large plastic storage bins on a baker’s rack for an organized look.
2. REMOVE, REARRANGE OR ADD FURNITURE. Condo Developers and Decorators are smart: they use furniture that is scaled down to fit small spaces. Remove furniture that is too big, or disturbs the flow of your room. A good REALTOR® should be able to walk through a home and make staging suggestions that can help a Seller maximize their home’s potential. Conversely, an unfurnished home can be at a disadvantage, too. Buyers are not always imaginative about how furniture fits into a home. Further, they may assume that the Seller has already bought and moved elsewhere, justifying a low-ball offer. Consider staging your home if it is empty. Faith Wilson Group has a boutique staging arm that our Sellers can take advantage of that has a range of price points that are very reasonable. This is offered for rent in availability. Always, we perform a walk through and make suggestions that can help a Seller maximize what they have.
3. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. People are adverse to the dirt of other people. It gets in the way of falling in love with a home that someone else currently occupies. Clean up, make your bed, and put things away. I should also mention here, as an aside, to lock up your valuables. I don’t ever want to see a Seller’s high-end watch or IPad, sitting on the bedside table!
4. DO TOUCH-UPS, REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE: Repair the issues that you know your house has, before they are revealed during a home inspection. These glaring items can lead to a lower sale price, or the inconvenience of making last-minute repairs to remove subjects on the Contract of Purchase and Sale.
5. CONSIDER THE SMELL OF YOUR HOME. Odours are particularly noticeable when initially entering a home: spicy/oily cooking, smoking, pets, etc. Way back when, realtors were told to bake bread or cookies at Open Houses to create an inviting, cozy smell. Because most REALTORS® don’t have culinary training, I recommend burning candles, or using essential oil or wax diffusers. When all else fails, open a window!
Licenced REALTOR® and Sales Advisor
Fawn Bluff,Bute Inlet
5791 Newton Wynd,Vancouver West
4566 NW Marine Drive,Vancouver West
2606 – 2610 Marine Crescent,Vancouver West
The River House Estate,Telkwa
1098 Wolfe Avenue,Vancouver West
5476 Angus Drive,Vancouver West
4176 Crown Crescent,Vancouver West
6335 Elm Street,Vancouver West
1657 W King Edward Avenue,Vancouver West
1075 Douglas Crescent,Vancouver West
3690 East Boulevard,Vancouver West
4335 Rockridge Road,West Vancouver
9911 Bates Road,Richmond
611 Shaw Avenue,Coquitlam
621 Shaw Avenue,Coquitlam
2817 138th Street,South Surrey White Rock
3236 Granville Street,Vancouver West
605 Shaw Avenue,Coquitlam
615 Shaw Avenue,Coquitlam
701 2288 West 40th Ave,Vancouver West
10180 Finlayson Drive, Richmond,Richmond
1060 West 16th Avenue,Vancouver West
1552 129A Street,South Surrey White Rock
501 1337 W 10th Avenue,Vancouver West
1022 Ironwork Passage,Vancouver West
217-10780 No 5 Road,Richmond
148 West 18th Street,North Vancouver
210-5629 Dunbar Street,Vancouver West
140-15230 Guildford Drive,Surrey
202 – 14100 Riverport Way,Richmond
103 – 930 West 16th Avenue,Vancouver West
114-7580 Minoru Blvd,Richmond
113 – 9299 Tomicki Avenue,Richmond
205 – 9388 Tomicki Avenue,Richmond
205-930 West 16th Avenue,Vancouver West
305-930 West 16th Avenue,Vancouver West
851-855 Terminal Avenue,Vancouver East
Our Real Estate Listings
Our Real Estate Blog
Head Office: 1838 West 1st Avenue Vancouver, B.C V6J 1G5 Fax: 604-224-5279 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Services: 101 - 2930 Arbutus Street, Vancouver, BC V6J 3Y9
Our Real Estate Affiliates
Copyright © 2019 Faith Wilson Realty Group Inc.